The Idaho Pesticide and Chemigation Law allow the Idaho State Department of Agriculture to issue a Professional Applicator or Private Applicator (RU only in Montana, Utah, and Wyoming; RU and SF only possible in Oregon and Washington) license to an applicator that has tested and currently holds a similar license in another state. Only a non-resident of Idaho, who has tested and currently maintains the equivalent pesticide applicator license from one of the following reciprocal states, qualifies for a Reciprocal License.


Idaho has reciprocal agreements with the following states:

                    • Montana
                    • Oregon
                    • Utah
                    • Washington
                    • Wyoming


To obtain a Reciprocal License in Idaho, an individual must:
1. Complete an ISDA license application
2. Submit Proof of Reciprocal License Status and Categories
• Residents of all the above states, except for Washington, must contact their home
state to request a Letter of Good Standing to be sent to ISDA, Applicator
Licensing Office. Washington license holders need to send a printout of their
current license status from WSDA’s website.
• Aerial Applicators must also provide a copy of their valid FAA Pilot’s License
and current medical card.
3. Provide proof of financial responsibility (for Professional Applicator License Only); on
the ISDA Professional Applicator Certificate of Insurance form and
4. Pay the appropriate license fees

1. Idaho will NOT issue a Reciprocal License if the other state’s license is set to expire
within 45 days, or has already expired. The license will need to be renewed first.
2. Idaho does not reciprocate the Chemigation category, and applicators will have to take
the Idaho exam to perform such applications.
3. If the reciprocal state notifies Idaho of recent/pending license violations or insufficient
testing, Idaho may refuse to issue a license or category.


Oregon Reciprocal License Information


If you are currently licensed in Idaho and wish to obtain a reciprocal license in another state, an individual must: Complete the “Letter of Good Standing Request”, or contact the Licensing office at (208) 332-8600


Letter of Good Standing Request

*Note-This document requires Adobe Reader

Right-Click link and select Save-As, and then open in Adobe