Small Animal Imports

All animals entering the state of Idaho require, at the very least, a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI).  Individual species may have additional requirements as set forth in IDAPA 02.04.21 “Rules Governing the Importation of Animals.”  Please use this information as a general guide when shipping small animals into Idaho, and don’t hesitate to contact us when you have questions. These requirements only cover animals entering Idaho – please see our export resources if you are shipping animals to another state.

Dogs and Cats
Reptiles and Amphibians
Exotic Animals

For pet pigs, even miniature pigs, please see the Swine Import information.
For birds of any type, please see our Avian Import information.
If a small animal species is not listed above or on any of our other import pages, they likely require only a CVI for entry into Idaho. It is recommended you send an email or call (208) 332-8560 to verify.