Plants & Insects
Program activities in the Division of Plant Industries include:
- Consumer protection through registration and regulation of Commercial Feed & Fertilizer and Soil & Plant Amendments.
- Assist with export of Idaho commodities through export and phytosanitary certification and the grading of hops.
- Protection from exotic pests and disease through trapping, field inspection, and eradication programs.
- Control of outbreaks of Mormon crickets and grasshoppers affecting agricultural landowners.
- Protection of consumers and horticultural production through licensing and inspection of nurseries.
- Prevention, control, and eradication of noxious weeds and invasive species.