Feed, Fertilizers, Soil & Plant Amendments


If this is your first time registering a product in Idaho,

please contact us to set up an account:

Feed, Fertilizers, Soil and Plant Amendment Registration


Feed, Fertilizers, Soil & Plant Amendment Information

Commercial Feeds

Activities to protect consumers and animals include registration, label review, and sampling of commercial feeds. These activities, including cooperation with the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) and the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ensure that commercial feed that is sold in Idaho is wholesome and truth in labeling as outlined on the labels and guarantees for commercial feed.

Register Feed Online

Register by mail

Information for new animal feed processors.

Commercial Fertilizers

Fertilizer manufacturers and distributors are required to register their products with the department in order to ensure truth in labeling and eventual sampling of their products. This protects consumers by ensuring label guarantees and protecting against misbranding and adulteration of fertilizer products.

Register Online

Register by mail

More information for fertilizer processors

Commercial Soil & Plant Amendments

Registration with ISDA is required in order to distribute soil or plant amendments in the state of Idaho.Registration of Soil & Plant Amendments is required in order to ensure compliance with standards, especially for those products that are by-products of processing or agriculture. Products will be periodically sampled and analyzed in our lab to verify these levels.

Register Online

Register by mail


The Pet Food Institute

FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine

American Feed Industry Association (AFIA)

Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO)

Association of American Plant Food Control Officials (AAPFCO)

Feed & Fertilizer Contact Info