Fish Imports

All fish and viable hatching eggs, other than those listed as Invasive Species, require the following for entry:

  • A Certificate of Veterinary Inspection, Title 50 Certification, or AFS Health Inspection.
  • An entry permit.
  • An invoice or bill of lading that clearly describes the origin, species, inventory, lot number, and destination of all fish in the shipment.

CVIs must be submitted to within 48 hours of permit issuance.

If they are allowed entry, invasive species require special permits. Contact ISDA at (877) 336-8676 prior to importation to discuss this process and what is allowed for importation. 

Logo of the Idaho State Department of Agriculture with a farmhouse and fields.

Import Permits


ISDA system for veterinarians to obtain animal entry permits.

Idaho Invasive Species – Fish information.