All native and non-native wildlife and exotic animals entering the state of Idaho require, at the very least, a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) and entry permit or approved eCVI. Some individual species with additional requirements are listed below. 

Raccoons, Skunks and Foxes can only be owned by a USDA licensed exhibitor or a fur farm. If you are wanting to import one of these animals, you must contact our office at 208-332-8540.

“Wildlife” includes any animal generally living in a state of nature. 

If the animal you’re looking for is not listed above or on any of our other import pages, contact us to verify their requirements.
*Entry Permits are not required when using an approved electronic CVI form. The only approved eCVI forms are those from GlobalVetLink, State of Oregon, Washington OVIS, Vet Sentry, Sale Time, Mi-Corporation, myVetTech, Acclaim Systems VET CVI and State of Texas. If you are not using one of these forms, normal permit requirements still apply. Please note VSPS is NOT an approved eCVI system.

Companion Animal Import Brochure

A summary of all companion animal import requirements.

ISDA system for veterinarians to obtain animal entry permits.

Idaho Department of Fish and Game Classification of Wildlife information.